Thursday, March 14, 2013

bad habits?

hello readers,

how are you all today? feel good, fell bad?

okay let's start...today i had a conversation with my colleague. it started when i told them about dan brown and khaled hosseini. i told them about a few incidents related to  book s i bought especially the one that i really really wanted. 

this happened when i finished my secondary school. november is my birthday month and i use it as a reason for me to buy this new book by sidney sheldon. at that time i really like to read  sidney sheldon's pieces. in our house we didn't celebrate any birthday and of course there were no birthday presents.but that year, i asked my father could i get something for my birthday. and he asked me what i want. i told him i want sidney sheldon book. so my father asked me the price. i said around MYR ?? ( i don't remember the price). and later he gave me MYR50 and i was one happy birthday girl. thanks ayah...sadly i don't remember the title of the book. :-(

when i was in my first year at uni, i always went to the clinic where my uncle worked. i called him and later he will fetch me. i'm not familiar with KL area so i depended on him. as usual when we went to mall, bookstore is a must.
one day, i asked him "cikli, could you buy me this book? new book by sidney sheldon (again)".  he asked me what was the price? i told him that usually i bought it around MYR30. oh okay he said. 
actually the book i wanted was the new title and the size is bigger than the usual paperback. i just didn't tell him the actual price. hehehe..so a few weeks later i went to the clinic and he gave me the plastic that contain the book i wanted and he just said "tipu ye" with a smile on his face. that means i lie to him about the price of the book. hehehe...mission accomplished. and i got 'the best laid plan' in my collection. sorry cikli and thanks ;-)

still, cikli as a 'victim' but this time it was my birthday. (see i always use birthday as a reason to get something). hahaha...this time i got LOTR's gift box that contains LOTR trilogy and the hobbit. before that i already had fellowship and two tower. those two i gave to my sister as i got the complete set. until today i still didn't finish the hobbits. hehehe...

this incident was related to magic. wow!! really??..yes of course...the day when people crazy about harry potter and hogwarts. and i was one of them. this happened when the sixth instalment of harry potter series was out (half-blood prince). i pre-ordered the book at kinokuniya klcc. for that particular day there was an event took place as early as 7.01am. my friend volunteered to drive me to klcc. so we went there at 6 am and there was already people waiting. the first 100 customer will get a wand and a few other things and of course the book. and i was one of the first 100. *smile happily* unfortunately i lost my wand two years later. :-( 

those are sweet memories. to be the first to read, to get the first edition, what to buy next to complete the collection and other craziness are sometimes make me smile. i just don't believe i could do that. but somehow i know i did that to make my reading experience beautiful and fun.  

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are rotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing."- Benjamin Franklin 

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - J.K. Rowling









No comments:

Post a Comment